Sunday, January 27, 2013

Excellent Video on Axes

Bernie Weisgerber of the USDA Forest Service

The following video was sent to me by my good friend, Jake. This is a fantastic historical and educational video put out by the US Forest Service on the ax, hanging a new handle, sharpening, and working with the ax. There is also good information on the many styles of axes, broadaxes, hatchets, and adzes. This was a perfect video for me as I have been doing a lot more work with firewood, splitting, etc. The host is Bernie Weisgerber, who works for the USDA Forest Service as a historic preservationist. This guy is a genius when it comes to axes and handtools, and he is a great teacher on top of it. If you have any interest in lumberjacking, wood chopping, axes, or history, I would highly recommend watching this video.



3 comments:

  1. That was a great video, thank you for bringing it to my attention. On the downside, though, now I know just how badly I mangled my first attempt to hang an axe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever wanted to get free Facebook Followers and Likes?
    Did you know you can get them ON AUTOPILOT AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by registering on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete